Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre, Craigieburn, VIC
Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre was opened in October 2017. Peddle Thorp Architects designed the state-of-the-art facility with sustainable water and energy saving initiatives. The centre attracts around 600 visitors per year with a variety of programs catering for all ages and abilities. The aquatic park comprises a 50-metre pool, learn to swim and warm water pools, two water slides, gymnasium and café. The building is part of a 12-hectare park that includes an athletics track, event spaces and play grounds.
Project Design Brief
Designers needed the surface area around the perimetre of the pools to be as flat and level as possible and requested a discreet, pedestrian safe drainage system that would not stand out in the pavement.
- Stainless steel SlotChannel
- The SlotChannel outlet units are made with a tile insert top to blend in with the surrounding tiles
- The 10mm slot ensures safety for pedestrians and wheelchairs
- The SlotChannel is manufactured from stainless steel grade 316 for corrosion resistance
Other ACO Products Used
- Stainless steel drainage systems
- Cablemate enclosures