Toorak Wellbeing Centre, Melbourne, Victoria
The renowned Geelong Grammar School has a number of campuses around Melbourne, including one in the inner-city suburb of Toorak. The new Wellbeing Centre was recently constructed at the Toorak Campus, which included the construction of a single story building with swimming pool, hall, drama room, canteen and outdoor change rooms.
Project Design Brief
Drainage for the swimming pool was required to meet a number of legislative and performance requirements, including hydraulics, corrosion resistance and slip resistance. In addition, designers wanted the drainage system to be a feature of the floor finish.
- System 100 stainless steel channels with 5 Star Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates
- The stainless steel channels were manufactured with a 1:100 fall enabling efficient drainage to the outlets
- Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates meet rating C of Wet Barefoot Inclining Platform Test (AS 4586) for slip resistance
- Both channels and grates were manufactured from grade 316 stainless steel to suit the cleaning chemicals and corrosive pool environment
- An LED longitudinal lighting system was installed inside the drainage system, which allowed a lighting feature to also be part of the flooring design